When should you turn down jobs?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One thing about artisans and people that provide services is that they don't turn down jobs. They can never tell you that they won't be able to deliver when their hands are full. They would rather take the job and disappoint. Please if you know your hands are filled, don't take any more jobs. You can refer to someone else.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.883
This is pretty common with tailors and designers, they keep on collecting jobs even when they do not have enough time, simply cause they do not want to loose the customers.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is pretty common with tailors and designers, they keep on collecting jobs even when they do not have enough time, simply cause they do not want to loose the customers.
and the customers will get their clothes very late but some customers understand this kind of situation though

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
One thing about artisans and people that provide services is that they don't turn down jobs. They can never tell you that they won't be able to deliver when their hands are full. They would rather take the job and disappoint. Please if you know your hands are filled, don't take any more jobs. You can refer to someone else.
I actually know a lot of people that have the habit of doing this kind of a thing, making it difficult for others to have jobs to do but you cannot blame them because it is the nature of freelance work sector.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.140
Raw Dex
$0.008
I am a freelancer working on translation. If I am offered a translation job with a tight deadline which I think I cannot meet, I will not accept the job. I think this is the way to gain customer trust. If I accept a job, I always complete it on time.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
People are always looking for ways to make money. It will be hard before you see artisans rejecting jobs. I think it is a normal thing here.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I understand that when you calculate the money you would get, your mind would be telling you that you can deliver. It is better for your image to turn it down than accept and fail to deliver.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I understand that when you calculate the money you would get, your mind would be telling you that you can deliver. It is better for your image to turn it down than accept and fail to deliver.
I know, but a lot of them are only interested in making money. So when they see a lot of jobs it will be hard for them to turn it down.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.923
You should turn down jobs when you have gotten another offer which is better than the one that you do at the moment.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You should turn down jobs when you have gotten another offer which is better than the one that you do at the moment.
of course it is normal for people to turn down jobs when they get better offers. Some people even resign from their current businesses when they get better jobs.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most of the artisans are not educated and selfish. They always place money over trust and relationships. Though there are few good ones who are professional in the way of their thinking. I have one artisan that repair my generator, he is so truthful and understanding that you will think he is not a Nigerian.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most of the artisans are not educated and selfish. They always place money over trust and relationships. Though there are few good ones who are professional in the way of their thinking. I have one artisan that repair my generator, he is so truthful and understanding that you will think he is not a Nigerian.
That's not a good thing to say in my perspective. In every country there are good and bad people. There are also people who may not be sound in their thinking in some countries especially the uneducated ones.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
And the artisans who can disappoint most are tailors. They always think that the are robots that can deliver any clothes given them. It is better to reject more jobs than lose current customers.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.210
Raw Dex
$0.010
If you are getting some extra job opportunity then its better to tell other person about it, who will get the benefit from it on the other hand if you will try to do your present job and other job too, then you won't produce quality and finally you may loose both of these jobs.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If you are getting some extra job opportunity then its better to tell other person about it, who will get the benefit from it on the other hand if you will try to do your present job and other job too, then you won't produce quality and finally you may loose both of these jobs.
That's true, if you have a lot of jobs offers you can tell your friends or people about it and if they are interested, they can take it up. That is how things works.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
I had turned some jobs offered to me before. It is because it is not the right time for me to have them. That is why I need to let the opportunity passed.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even in this online space, I have been offered jobs that are very attractive but when I see my schedule, I just know that I would not be able to meet up and I would turn it down promptly.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.930
Few days ago i told my boss I will not be tech support for one project. Reasons are to low money, not paid all months, future in school system is not safe anymore.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is as simple as anything as for me I study dental technology and so I fabricate dental appliances to replace lost oro-facial tissues and so if a patient is in need of extraction, I won't do it because it is not my job but I refer them to those who are licensed to extract and send them back to me for replacement.

Back